Pilates Anytime | Online Pilates Classes
Workout Yesterday: 30 min Elliptical and 30 min Pilates “Ball Workout” via PilatesAnytime.com
One of my new favorite fitness studios is actually an online studio, PilatesAnytime.com. This was the first virtual fitness studio I came across where you can access hundreds of Pilates videos (500+ videos) anytime, anywhere there’s internet access. They have a wide variety of Pilates classes like mat classes, reformer classes, spine corrector classes, cadillac classes, pre or post natal classes, beginner, advanced, men, seniors, rhythm classes, and my all time favorite Booty Barre. I found PilatesAnytime.com through the Booty Barre website and the creator, Tracey Mallet’s bio.
So far, I’ve only taken these classes and I love them, I want to do them over and over:
- Booty Barre by Tracey Mallet
- Booty Barre Basics by Tracey Mallet
- Ball Workout by Tracey Mallet
- Mat Workout #530 by Meredith Rogers
Here’s a quick breakdown of me doing the Ball Workout:
In addition to these moves, you do the other basic Pilates moves on top of the ball or holding the ball. The hardest move for me is big leg circles on top of the ball. Laying on your back with the ball under the lower back and legs extended straight up, you split the legs sideways, then slowly bring them in a wide circle to touch about 6 inches off the ground, and bring them back up to vertical. Crazy! I can barely do that without a ball.
Back to PilatesAnytime.com. . . . all of the classes are taught by very well-trained and experienced instructors, both in-house and visiting. They even offer tutorial videos, training sessions for beginners, and continuing education courses for instructors (CECs). Plus, check out this amazing view of the ocean in Santa Barbara, you can actually see the waves crashing on the beach:
Creating an account is really simple and non-intrusive. The first 15-day trial period is free (credit card required but won’t be charged until after 15 days) and you’ll get a feel for everything they offer. After the 15-day trial, it’s only $18/month for unlimited class access. They even have a mobile site so you can take your iPhone or iPad to the gym if you don’t have space at home.
What I like about PilatesAnytime.com:
- Unlimited access to a wide variety of Pilates (and Booty Barre!) classes
- It’s a real class with real students, not paid actors and not edited
- Only $18/month. Most Pilates classes start around $20/class
- Workout in the comfort of your own home anytime, at your pace
- Many classes to choose from, not the same DVD routine over and over
- Easy to use website with reviews and comments from other members
What I don’t like about PilatesAnytime.com:
- No instructor with you to correct your form (your problem, not the website’s problem)
- Would like more barre classes
- Would like to see live “virtual” classes
Overall: PilatesAnytime.com is an excellent source of Pilates classes that you can access from home for the price of about 1 fitness DVD per month with hundreds of classes to choose from. It’s also a great resource for fitness instructors looking to change-up their routine, learn about different practices, and be a part of a large network.